Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'm home!

I'm back now in Chicago, as of Tuesday June 20, 2006 at 3.45 pm. My flight from London was delayed but only by 30-45 minutes, so it wasn't that bad. I've seen all siblings, but Dave and Michi (and I haven't seen Dad, but he isn't a sibling), and most extended family. Tuesday evening, I played with the kids while family played frisbee and then we went to Portillo's! Yuummm...

I've moved some things into the new flat, which is pretty freakin' cool (I'll post pictures later), but I still have move a lot of stuff. Books and bookshelves and a lamp (since I don't have a ceiling light...gets pretty dark when the sun goes down). A fan. A chair so that I can sit elsewhere other than the floor and my bed. I need to hang my posters and find some converters for 2 prong outlets to make them three prong (though I might get the landlord to do that). You know, the stuff that goes into making an apartment livable. So today I go shopping with Julie, Mom, and Mrs. Schindler. It will be a fabulous day!

No comments: