Sunday, October 29, 2006

Many Baked and Tasty Things

Today was surprisingly productive. I got up early (woke up at 6:45 and, thanks to day light savings time, got to sleep until 7:45, but my body felt like it was 8:45...Hurray for tricking my body!) and JC and I ventured off to the gym for a hour and a half of running, lifting and generally "getting huge." JC and I met up with Mom and Dad for the Dean's Brunch (I've certaintly enjoyed this Family Weekend and the mooching of food ('though, I supposed it isn't technically mooching since I was working and I was told to eat the food) and other things) (also--yummmm...omelets!). G and A joined us at the end of the brunch. Then Mom and Dad drove me and JC up to Chicago and Damen to a cafe so that we could eat vegan food, play at being hipsters and study. We each had very tasty bagels with pesto and tomato, as well as some excellent coffee. And we decided that these trips should happen more frequently. Upon getting home, we found that Charlotte had made cookies (actually, we knew that because of a call from her while at the cafe: "Lizzie, we don't have salted butter...can I use unsalted? How much is a cup of butter? When they say softened butter, should I put it in the microwave?") and decided to make dinner, watch the Simpsons and make a pie. Apple pie. And I've done a fair bit of the reading that I need to do for this paper on Tuesday, but not much of anything else.

Also, why do I always post about the food that I've eaten or made? Why not about cool things like Rita? Darn you Rita for having a better blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Polish American in Chicago,

In response to your query, rhetorical though it may be, regarding your perceived lack of insightful posts, may I kindly suggest the following:

a) you wish to show insights similar to those of your friend Rita partly out of admiration for her posts;

b) that you are in all likelihood equally capable of making posts of similar substance and/or quality;

c) that your posts are just fine the way they are... you are yourself, which is to say having at least a passing interest in food, and thus it should not be left out of your posts;

and lastly, d) that you should enjoy your posts and not compare them to those of others since you are an apple, and they are oranges, kumquats, breakfast cereals, orangutangs, and so on.

Sincerely yours,
Kay News