Monday, April 24, 2006

Run with Milena...oh yeah and Apartment!

This morning Milena and I went for a run. Well, mostly a walk. We walked to a track close to the residence for our warm-up, but when we got there we discovered two gym classes from a nearby school using the track. So we ran around the track once and then left.

She commented that I run like I walk...like a fast walking. I should pick up my feet more apparently. She is fun.

Last night, it rained and this morning was very foggy (even more foggy than the lowlands of Michigan early in the spring mornings). The moist and cool air brought out a large number of snails. On our way to the track we came across an area that came close to being a snail graveyard. People had stepped on the little guys and smooshed them. Others were casually making their way across the pavement...no wonder they got squished. Milena (sounding neither judgemental nor insane): "In this case, your camouflage is not helping you guys. Poor little guys! Look at this one! It's huge! It's eating a dandelion!"

Today, our first 'paper' is due for the music history class. "Consider the function of the divertissement in Lully's Persee...and discuss how they contribute to-or perhaps detract from-the drama of the story." It was supposed to be one page, but mine is a page and a half. I hope that he doesn't mind. Also, I am not sure that what I've said in the paper is definitely what I think. I think that I bring up some good points and I am satisfied with the end result of the paper, but I am not sure that even I am totally convinced of my argument. I need to think more on the topic before I decide.

Oh, and this is exciting news that I almost forgot! My future roommates have found an apartment! Whoo! It is just down the street from friends Meredith and Lauren and will be the niftiest apartment ever. A picture for the masses:

It is a second floor apartment (no more five flights!) and is 1300 a month with utilities included. Woot!

Ok. Time for lunch and class.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You make me sound judgmental and insane. I know where you live!

Anonymous said...

i guess that explains escargot?

-mer

Elizabeth S said...

1) Well, I know where you live. So nah.
2) Most definitely. That is where all the best French restaurants get their escargot.

Anonymous said...

Yay on the apartment! Is it on 54th?

Anonymous said...

E: 'gratz on the apartament. As far as TC is concerned, I am certain he won't mind the extra half page. Tell him I say hello!

-FRTRC

Elizabeth S said...

Yeah indeed no worries about the extra page. But...FRTRC? Friend Riding Teal'c's Rockin' Coattails? France Really Teachs Real Content? Confusion reigns in my brain.