Tuesday, January 08, 2013

"Agree to Disagree"

I don't know if I'm going to follow my NY's Resolution to write down the funny things that happen at work, but here's a start.

Yesterday, January 7, 2013: B (15 yr old boy) told me that it was disrespectful to "respectfully disagree" and also that it was impossible to "agree to disagree." Had a hard time keeping a straight face at those utterly laughable statements.

Today, January 8, 2013: J's phone rang in class and he commented that his phone was messed up. A asked "What?" and with J's response of "Why do you always think people are talking about you?", she promptly flipped out on him and pulled a can of pepper spray out! If I hadn't been so close, she would have sprayed him.

Now, as all of this is going on, I'm having a really bad migraine. I can't see out of my right eye, my head is throbbing and I'm nauseated. This girl is about to pepper spray someone and all I can think is "Oh god, why are they yelling? I'm going to throw up on her!"

I can't tell if this is funny or sad, but I have to laugh at these things, otherwise I am going to go crazy!

1 comment:

DC Teacher said...

Crazy! But a good resolution :) I should do the same. Maybe keep us happier?