Saturday, March 13, 2010

Pleasure reading

I don't seem to have a lot of concentration the past couple of weeks for pleasure reading. I've been jumping from book to book to book, getting slightly further in each, but not finishing any. This troubles me because normally it's easy to lose myself in the words and characters and I speed through books at a rate a velociraptor would be envious of. It also troubles me that I think this is caused by stress at work. Instead of coming home and reading, I go home and want nothing to do with the printed word (grading, lesson planning, reading or otherwise). Instead, I cook and go to the gym and watch tv. There is something innately less satisfying in watching an episode of NCIS or Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations than completing a book. I have so many books on my shelves untouched, it seems a waste.

On the other hand, I'm doing more crocheting.

No comments: