Friday, June 26, 2009

Almost done...

I'm about 80% done with my portfolio for my masters. I really can't wait for it to be over! They talk about how assignments should be meaningful and useful for students and then assign us this huge portfolio bull-crap. It's infuriating! I hope to goodness' sake that I never assign such a meaningless activity and manage to make school activities and work useful and have some relevance.

After it is over, I should be able to relax. I'm going to Senegal for two weeks on July 6 to visit JC, but I think it will be an adventurous, relaxing and eye-opening vacation. At least I'll be experiencing something completely different with someone who knows the region very well and will be able to steer me in the right direction about things to do or not to do. I think the plan is to go to her village for a bit, and maybe to the sand-dunes and to the beach. But honestly, she could completely change her mind before I get there and I wouldn't have any idea. If anyone knows of something that I should do, let me know via emails.

No comments: