Saturday, August 05, 2006

Mostly Metcalf

I think that I've become handicapped. I'm having trouble reading for pleasure. I know that I can read all day, but I don't do it anymore. Why is that?

Robie House work is going pretty well...I'm stumped on a couple of things for the research project, but I hope that a trip next week to the Newberry will clear that up. I want to have something to show them soon so that they feel like they are getting something out of this internship and I'm not the only one. I have to make up the art glass condition reports that I didn't do last week. Last week was strange: I had my work to do, but the heat got in the way of everything. And then I was asked to do a couple of more immediate things, so I wasn't focusing on my research. What I really need to do is go to the library and hammer out a lot of things, but I don't see that happening. Maybe on Tuesday and Wednesday. Get there at 8 and not leave until I have 5 or so pages written. That would be great (though it would be even better if I could come in on Monday with something).

But that isn't going to happen, since I'm at Dave and Julie's! Hurray! (said in a Megumi voice). We watched a movie tonight and ate leftovers (yummmm) and played Iron Dragon. And tomorrow there will be moving of furniture and Costco and training with Jen. And maybe a movie? Who knows? We could go wild!

No comments: