Monday, June 12, 2006

Researching

My research has been going slowly. I've made my way through one manuscript and have 13 pages of notes. I'm halfway through another manuscript. I think my biggest problem is, as I was telling Gerry (or rather, as he told me after listening to me talk for a while), that I have several little interesting questions, but no big question that ties everythign together. Also, the catelogue at the BL is rather incomplete and you can't always tell what a manuscript will have until you request it and take a look at it. Could be totally useless, or very helpful. And I don't know enough of the background material to place the things that I am reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

am so glad you and Gerry have had some time to research and do fun things together. Sorry about the Da Vinci code in French o;

How close to the stage were you & Gerry. i hope you haven't permanently damaged your hearing. I know i'm a worry-wart Mom. will you go with gerry to the airport when he leaves? will you stay at the same hostel once he leaves? have you had a chance to see Maria Fusaro? I'm thinking of you guys while I work out of doors. Many. many weeds, etc. yard is looking better, bit by bit.

Elizabeth S said...

No worries. It was kinda fun to see it in French. It was a small venue, so we were about 50-100 feet away from the stage. I won't damage my hearing. I am moving to a cheaper hostel when he leaves and no, I won't be going all the way out to Heathrow with him because he is leaving London proper at 1 am. MF is out of town. Thinking of you too!