Thursday, June 01, 2006

Last Days

I leave Paris early Saturday morning...in about 36 hours. These weeks have flown by and even though I did a lot, I feel like I could have done a lot more. Even though I knew that it would take me a month or more to adjust, I did not expect to be as reclusive as I was. Now that I know what Paris is like and feel comfortable here, I'm leaving. Obviously, I'll need to come back. I definitely did not go to enough museums, explore enough of the city, speak/learn enough French. And now I like Paris. Now I want to stay longer. I'm still ready to come home, but I know that I will want to move back here some day if possible. Tomorrow is the final program excursion to Fontainebleu. They shall feed us a delicious farewell lunch and we will walk around the chateau and the town and the gardens. I love French gardens.

Next up: 17 days in the UK. I'll be doing research in London until the 13th or 14th and then will be going to Bath and Weymouth definitely. Bath is west of London, about parallel with it, but near(ish) the coast. Weymouth is on the south coast. I would like to hit up Stonehenge (which is south-east of Bath) and Torquay (south of Exeter, on the coast...where Agatha Christie was born! and the location of Fawlty Towers!).

No comments: