Friday, May 05, 2006

Upearly

I am up early to train. From Gare de Lyon at 8.55 am to Colonge and then Berlin. Final stop by 6.17 pm. Chris will meet me at the hostel and tomorrow, Anne! We will probably head to Potsdam on Sunday to bum around there.

We took a (somewhat unproductive) tour of the Opera Garnier (upon which the Chicago Lyric Opera House was based) yesterday, where we saw Platee last week Friday. The auditorium: The Chagall ceiling: The stage itself (a huge thing...I wish that this picture could express how big...): A part of the mosaic-ed and ornate grand lobby (lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby): And a man who was walking funny, whom I saw outside the Opera: A picture of me (just because):

I have a lot of homework to do over the break-French and art history. I want to finish as much as possible so that I will have as little to do as possible in my last three weeks (when I return from break) in Paris.

Oh boy.

Updates as frequently as possible while in Germany!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LIZ--

I have that almost exact same shirt! How very French of you. You just need a little red scarf and a beret. Anyways, I hope you're having an amazing time. Will you be back in the States sometime this summer?
-Keeley

Elizabeth S said...

Hehe. Yeah, almost everyone in France has that shirt or something very similar. Workin' on the scarf and the beret.
I will indeed be back in the states (Chicago, specifically). First day back is June 20. I have an apartment in Hyde Park and so will be living there, but I'm sure that I will be in Michigan some weekends. And you are always welcome to come visit.
Liz