Sunday, March 26, 2006

Strawberries and Others

Yesterday I woke up a bit late-10 am. Quickly took a picture of the view from my window before it got cloudy again.


Nadia and I meet up outside Hotel de Ville (city hall, of sorts).



We took the metro to the Champs-Elysées, where the Citibank is. The Arc de Triomphe was ridiculously close and in the middle of the street where we got stuck by an ill-timed red light, I was able to get good shots of the Arc and the Louvre down the way.



We took the metro back to the the Tuileries garden and the Louvre (we didn't go inside). After wandering around the Latin Quarter (we had amazing crepes from corner stands and I bought a fresh baguette), we headed past Notre Dame (just the outside again). Ended up back at the Hotel De Ville. I made my way back to Porte des Lilas where I met up with the rest of people on my program. DJ showed us around Lila and the closest bit of Paris (we are right on the border of Lila and Paris and the 19th and 20th arrondissements (the districts of Paris)). After the tour, I made my way back to the produce shop we had past and the supermarket. I picked up some excellent looking strawberries (I wish I had taken a picture! They were so good!) and Actimel (a yogurt drink that Nadia introduced me to...yummm) and other things. Then I went to the bazaar next door to the Champion (the supermarket that is closest to the residence). In Chinatown, there little gift shops that sell everything under the sun for cheap. The bazaar is like that. Towels, dishes, fabric, notebooks, pots, pans, baskets and other containers, screwdrivers, tools...everything. I bought a pan, 3 plates, 3 bowls, 3 knives, a small towel, a wooden spoon, and some plastic containers. Finally, I returned to the residence around 5 pm and spent the rest of the evening eating some of the soup Nadia and I made on Saturday evening, strawberries, and bread while listening to music. Bed around 11. A good day, I think.

1 comment:

David said...

Adventures all around...

I am awaiting a description of buying cheeses...